The items we sell have been pre-loved and may not always be in perfect condition; we describe flaws as accurately as possible, but minor signs of wear are standard in vintage clothing.
We clean most garments before listing them for sale – the cleanliness or otherwise of a garment will be stated in the listing (some unusual fabrics or older pieces may require specialist cleaning, which is at the discretion of the buyer).
Likewise, simple repairs are taken care of prior to listing, but if a piece needs expert attention due to complexity or the high value of a designer piece, the flaw is left untouched to prevent further damage and to allow you to entrust the work to your preferred mending or alterations company.
We do not sell clothing that is unwearable or beyond repair. All of our stock is either ready to wear, or repairable.
Our condition guidelines used are as follows:
- Impeccable – pristine with no flaws or signs of wear.
- Excellent – worn but with no apparent flaws
- Very Good – a small amount of minor flaws, as described
- Good – some flaws, as described
- Fair –significant flaws, but still wearable or repairable